WHAT TO EXPECT DURING TREATMENT
- I do one on one hour long treatments, no equipment, no interruptions! Fewer sessions are thus needed to get you back to your normal activities. Length of session may be less for pediatrics.
- Craniosacral Treatment is done with the client lying on a treatment table while I stand or sit, positioned at various times throughout the session at the client's head, middle torso or feet.
- Active treatment may include ball work, balance board, posture in front of mirror, gait training, exercises.
- Clients wear loose comfortable clothes, preferably shorts, generally remaining clothed during the treatment except for shoes.
- It may also be important to assess and make recommendations concerning your work habits or actual environment to determine their impact on your condition and your progress. Just having a treatment, then returning to counterproductive postures in sleep, work and play does NOT foster long term health.
For more information on any of these, please click on Links page.
Craniosacral Therapy (Regular and Biodynamic).
Myofascial Release and unwinding techniques
Experiences during a CST/SER session are totally individual They also may differ from session to session. At times, you, as the client may deeply relax or even fall asleep; at other times, you may talk a great deal, recalling memories or expressing emotions. Sometimes you will remain still during the entire session, hardly noticing my evaluation and treatment, while another time you might experience sensations within the body as this process is carried out.
At various times throughout the session, I will support your limbs and spine while facilitating release of accumulated tension. This process is called energy cyst release or tissue release. During this release, you might recall circumstances surrounding a past shock, trauma or injury. Releasing and re-experiencing past hurts assists the body in reversing dysfunction and restoring the previous level of mobility. This entire process has been named Somato Emotional Release® (SER) For more information on SER and ENERGY CYSTS, click on Links page.
Therapeutic Touch (Healing Touch)
Integration of Lifelong Reflexes
Exercise programs are geared to be incorporated into your everyday life style, not just 20 minutes a day.
CONDITIONS WHICH CAN BE HELPED
Pediatrics: See Pediatric page for info specific to newborns, infants and children
Women's Issues - painful periods, pre and post natal care, post partum depression, endometriosis
Acute pain - Therapeutic Touch and myofascial unwinding, when applied in the first 24 hours after an injury, can reverse physiological damage from sprains, burns, any type of accident, molar extractions etc.
Chronic pain - pain in all joints as a result of RA or OA, old injuries, repetitve strain. Falls on the head, the tailbone at any time throughout one's life can be the source of other pain felt later in life
Headaches - migraine, stress
Jaw pain - TMJ problems
Shoulder issues - frozen shoulder, old and new shoulder injuries
Elbow - tennis elbow
Wrist - carpal Tunnel, Dupytron's contractures (especially in early stages)
Back - Low back strain, SI problems
Hip and knee injuries
Feet - Plantar fasciitis responds very quickly to MFR
Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Surgical issues including mastectomy (release of scar tissue as soon as it is healed), amputation (phantom pain relief) decreased range of motion as a result of surgery
Neurological Conditions (stroke, Spinal cord Injury, Parkinson's, MS)